- Academic Responsibilities:
- Coordinator of the School of Information Technology.
- Teacher-in-Charge of the Real-Time and Embedded Design Laboratory of the School of Information Technology.
- Member of the Ph.D. committee in Information Technology.
- Chairman of the Postgraduate Board of Studies in Information Technology, University of Calcutta.
- Chairman of the Board of Studies in 1st Yr. of 4Yr. B.Tech. Course, University of Calcutta.
- Member of the Postgraduate Board of Studies in Computer Science, St. Xavier's College Kolkata.
- Member of the Board of Studies in Computer Science, Ramkrishna Mission Vidyamandir, Belur.
- Sponsored Research:
- Ongoing Projects:
- Team Leader for the ALICE-India CRU Project, University of Calcutta.
- One of the Principal Investigators for the TEQIP-II funded Center of Excellence in Systems Biology and Bio-Medical Engineering. Total funding is of 5 Crore (INR).
- Co-Investigator for the project on Development of FPGA based Data Acquisition System and related Hardware for CBM Muon Detection, funded by Department of Science and Technology Govt. of India, total funding 49 lacs (INR).
- Principal Investigator of student Research Fellowships supported by DST Inspire Scheme-2 nos, UGC Rajiv Gandhi Fellowship-1 and TEQIP-2 nos.
- Completed Projects:
- Principal Investigator for the project on Measurement Of Lateral Curvature, Modelling And Measurement of 3D Deformation of SCOLIOTIC SPINE Using 2D Digital X-RAY Images, funded by Department Of Disability Affairs, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India, total funding 13 lacs (INR).
- Research Associate for the project on Resource Estimation for Quantum Computing Algorithms, at Princeton University, USA (2011-2012), funded by IARPA USA.
- Principal Investigator for the project on Stereo Image Processing for Unmanned Ground Vehicle (2004-2006), funded by Defense Research Development Organization, Govt. of India, total funding of 5 lacs (INR).
- Past Ph.D. Student(s):
- Dr. Jyoti Prakash Singh (Assistant Professor, Dept. of I.T., NIT Patna), Awarded in Feb. 2015.
- Present Ph.D. Students:
- Mr. Sudhindu Bikash Mondal (Lecturer, A.K.C.S.I.T., CU).
- Mr. Biswajit Patra (Sr. Staff Engineer, Qualcomm, Bangalore).
- Mr. Suman Sau (TEQUIP-II Fellow).
- Mr. Satyabrata Maity (Inspire Fellow, D.S.T., Govt. of India).
- Mr. Chandrajit Pal (Inspire Fellow, D.S.T., Govt. of India).
- Ms. Raka Kundu (JRF, NIOH, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India)
- Mr. Sangeet Saha (TEQUIP-II Fellow)
- Mr. Krishnendu Guha (UPE Fellow)